Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Week 12 - Is this the end..?

This semester seems to have passed really fast, because it doesnt seem like too long ago when I was wondering if i should drop this course because I thought it was for people already interested and involved in technology on a much higher level than I was. I, of course was wrong as I really enjoyed the course, I learnt quite a lot about different ideas about technology and different views on how it could affect our future.

I thought learning new things about word was fun and easy and adobe photoshop was especially interesting. I only just started to use a few of the tools as I havnt gotten a complete hang of it yet but I know I'm going to be using it a lot, for fun and also for work. Its quite a useful program. excel on the other hand wasn't as interesting for me, I found it troublesome though I can see how it can be very useful for a lot of purposes and I'm afraid I'm going to have to use that in the future too. I used to be pretty apprehensive about trying new programs with a lot of tools and funcations like adobe but this course helped me deal with them and it was made really simple. The tutorial tasks were well explained and Adam was really helpful, any doubts I had were answered in the tutes or via e-mail and not like like most other 2 line replies from tutors saying all the information is on learnin at gu. What else did I like..hmm..Of course the lectures, and the movies that were shown (missed a couple, but checked them out online) were different from other classes, it was a refreshing change actually from the marketing courses Ive been doing the past few years. I thought updating the blog weekly was a good as well as it was like a journal of what you accoplished that week or what you learnt.

What I didnt like about the course - well there isnt much to say here, The lectures I attended seemed a little boring, the subjects themselves were interesting but the lectures wern't as intreguing.


I'm sure theres a lot of things from this course that will help me later on, and some of the ideas generated still have me thinking ( which might have something to do with all the studying for the exam!!thank God thats over!!). The virtual reality topics were fascinating but the topics about open software and cyber politics etc levelled the balance but its integral to the course. I think its fair to say that the course opened our minds to the countless possibilities of the internet and other technnologies and how they are and will continue affecting usso at the end of this semester - I think we've only just begun..

No comments: